24 February 2015

Photoshop Workshop

Photoshop workshop was an opportunity for my class and I try out some of the many effects within Photoshop. Prior to the workshop, I had very little, if no experience of Photoshop meaning I could experiment with the many effects available and familiarise myself with each tool and what they could achieve when used. Below, is a screenshot of what each tool logo within Photoshop can be used for.




Our Media Studies teacher (Miss.Macdonald) gave us all a Photoshop guide which informed us on what processes we can do in order to achieve a specific look. On the left, is a screenshot of a page from the booklet. As you can see, I chose to practice colour popping. Colour popping an image is an effective way of drawing the consumers attention to the key focal points in the frame. Colour popping especially when designing my film poster and film magazine cover will give a simplistic yet effective appeal; for example, emphasising blood spatters adds to the audiences understanding of the genre of my film and presents the typical conventions of horror.






The image on the right is my final version of my attempt at colour popping in Photoshop. Seeing that it was my first attempt, I was satisfied with the overall result; although, I did receive some help from my teacher when wanting to know how to erase finer details such as grains of sand.