12 March 2015

Poster Design Progression - Thursday 12th March 2015

Thursday 12th March 2015

Today, I focussed adding movie poster title, tagline, billing block and social networking links i.e movie website, Twitter and Facebook. It is important that social networking links are visible and present on my movie poster layout as these applying to and will be used by individuals within my target audience. After carrying out my target audience questionnaire, I was able to acknowledge how all 42 candidates that answered my questionnaire, own a profile on a social networking account online. This means that I am aiming my product at web 2.0 users. Web 2.0 is the term given to describe a second generation of individuals that are able to collaborate and share information online. Not only does this mean that those who see this poster can find out more information using the links, they are also able to discuss the film itself amongst their peers.

As you can see, I have used 'Face your Fears' font design for the title, tagline and social networking links but I have used SF Movie Poster font design for the billing block. Similarly to 'Face your Fears', I downloaded the billing block font style from Dafont (dafont.com).